Warm weather is inspiring – you look forward to feeling happier and more optimistic. But if you’re carrying around a smile that embarrasses you, a lighter state of mind might never come your way. If you want to look and feel your best this summer, it’s time to finally invest in a smile makeover.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
Smile makeovers don’t have to be lengthy or in-depth. One cosmetic dentistry procedure, in fact, can be the right smile makeover for you. Some people want to boost the appearance of their smile, while others want to overhaul their teeth completely. It’s all up to you, and your Port Chester dentist, of course.
Here are five common smile makeover solutions that people gravitate toward in summer:
- Teeth whitening: The sun is bright and you want your look shine too. That can’t happen successfully if you don’t have white teeth. Professional teeth whitening makes your tooth enamel multiple shades whiter in just about an hour. Even if your teeth aren’t perfect, they’ll look that way with a whitening treatment.
- Invisalign: Summer is an excellent time to begin straightening your smile. Your certified Port Chester Invisalign provider will customize your treatment plan and your nearly invisible aligners will begin doing their work tooth by tooth until your smile is in perfect alignment. Not only will you have straight, strong teeth, you will have better oral health and correct problems like clenching and grinding your teeth.
- Porcelain crowns: Self-conscious about those or two unsightly teeth you have? Whether a tooth is chipped or discolored or oddly shaped, porcelain crowns are custom-made to cover the problem and bonded in place for a permanent restoration. The crown will blend in with your tooth enamel so your smile looks and is complete.
- Porcelain veneers: Veneers are the big one, the smile makeover of all smile makeovers. Every aesthetic complaint that you have about your smile will disappear with veneers. If you’re feeling dingy going into summer, a smile makeover using veneers or Lumineers will transform your teeth and make you look younger, happier, healthier, and even smarter and wealthier. Now that is a good summer smile!
- Dental bonding: You’re headed to the beach, you’re going out of the country, you’ll be hanging out in the mountains – whatever your summer destination, if it’s happening soon and you want to boost your smile stat, one of the quickest upgrades is dental bonding. A long-lasting, non-invasive dental restoration, bonding is less expensive than veneers and crowns, especially if you just have a few teeth that are wrecking the continuity of your smile. Your dentist will apply a tooth-colored resin before shaping and sculpting your tooth for the right appearance.
You can get a smile makeover any time of year, but summer is a great time to start over with your teeth, whether you’re upgrading old dental work, investing in brand new restorations and enhancements, or improving on what you already have. Find out what cosmetic dentistry procedures are right for you. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Chi Fu at Chester Hill Dentistry in Rye.